Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Where were you 12 years ago today 9-11-01


 
Today is the 12th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center, NY, The Pentagon, VA and United Airlines Flight 93, that was targeted at Washington DC but crashed near Shanksville, PA. In all nearly 3000 people were killed in the deadliest terrorist attack to date in US history.



 (south tower) immediately after being struck by United Airlines Flight 175


 

On September 11, 2001 I was working just outside Austin, TX in a job at the time I was somewhat happy doing that was until I saw the media coverage of the attacks. Over the next few days I began to wonder what impact, if any, I was having on the World in my job. As I came to the realization I was not making or going to make a difference or impact in my current career I tried to think what I need change to make that impact. My decision was to pack my family up move them in with my in laws in Arizona and serve this country as best I could. 12 Years later I continue to serve and have to come to love it and would not have changed my decision, it is what the final factor in becoming interested in miniature war gaming, a method on how to visually and methodically conduct battles without losing people or spiraling into the elementary school mentality of “ I shot you first “.

My apology if this is a bit of a story instead of anything useful but it did get me into our great Hobby.

Where were you on 9-11? How did it change your life or outlook? Let me know your story in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment