Friday, July 22, 2016

Historicon 2016 Part 1 28mm Face & Eyes HMGS HobbyU Class


Thursday of Historicon was a fast day since we live in Northern VA, so the run down to Fredricksburg was quick. Took a couple of classes with the Hobby University gang. 

Tanya Brewers's  Painting 28mm Faces & Eyes was outstanding. I have wanted to improve my painting of faces on my minis to try and take them up a notch. Until this class and the hands-on nature, I have no been able to get satisfactory results. Reaper Miniatures donated a metal spure of heads for the class to practice on.


This is one of the best faces I have done so I am pleased just need to transfer this to my 28mm. Not sure if I can do this for an entire army put for my center piece units oh yeah.

Below is a copy of her handouts and the eye painting practice sheet. The eye painting practice sheet is great for getting warmed up the bottom is set of eye outlines is and average 28mm sized eyes.



 
 
















If anyone wants a pdf copy just leave me a note with your email and I can forward these to you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment